Press for SSLMate
- Founded: January 2014
- Beta launch: April 2014
- 1.0 launch: April 2015
- Location: East Bay, California
- Website: https://sslmate.com
- Twitter: @SSLMate
- Founder: Andrew Ayer
- Mission: To improve security and privacy on the Internet by making it easier for people to secure their servers
What is SSLMate?
SSLMate makes it easy to buy, deploy, and manage SSL certificates for your website or server. Buying and configuring SSL certificates can be a frustrating multi-hour affair, but with SSLMate you can be up and running with an SSL certificate in just minutes. SSLMate is unique because it lets you buy certs from the command line using a program that automates away the manual steps normally required when purchasing a cert.
- SSLMate is fast and easy. It lets you secure your website with the least amount of time and hassle.
- SSLMate can be automated and integrated into your devops workflow, saving you time and eliminating human error. You'll never forget to renew an SSL certificate when you use SSLMate.
- SSLMate helps keep your server configured with up-to-date security practices.
- SSLMate will even manage your existing certificates, which you can import for free.
- SSLMate has a REST API so you can integrate certificate purchases into your app.
About the Founder
SSLMate was founded by Andrew Ayer. Andrew has been programming and using Unix since elementary school, and has worked as a professional programmer and system administrator since his early teens. He studied computer science at Brown University, where he graduated magna cum laude. Andrew got the idea for SSLMate when he was trying to convert all of his sites to HTTPS and got fed up with how inconvenient it was to buy and deploy SSL certificates.
Sebastian Seilund, CTO, Billy's Billing
Buying SSL certificates on the command line using SSLMate was the easiest thing ever. I had a working SSL certificate in 1 minute.
Michael Bleigh, CEO, Divshot
Provisioning SSL certificates is a Kafkaesque nightmare...unless you're using SSLMate. Seriously, just stop using anything else.
Thai Duong, security researcher famous for the CRIME, BEAST, and POODLE attacks on SSL.
SSLMate is wonderful.
Dave Peck, Co-founder, Cloak
I re-discovered SSLMate yesterday; it is the easiest way by far to purchase SSL certificates.
- 18F, a digital services agency within the United States federal government
- Divshot, a static web hosting platform for developers
- Council of the District of Columbia
- A major manufacturer of wireless networking devices
- A major manufacturer of sporting goods
We have a press kit, which contains screenshots and logo images.
For press-related inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.